Friday, April 08, 2005

Tea Food

Lisa blames me for always blogging about food and making her hungry. Well...maybe she's right. (I may yet decide to focus my blogging entirely on all things edible.) Here's another food-related post.

Are you as shocked as I was to hear that Cookie Monster would be turning healthy on us, with a new ditty, "Cookies are a sometimes food"? This is in reaction to the soaring obesity rates among children. Ok. Sesame Street is known for giving sage advice and teaching children good things, like the letter K. I still know all the words to "I gotta new way to walk" and, "Sing a song." But Cookie Monster's cookie habits did not make me obese, and I thought it was unfair to blame the poor guy for obesity trends. I was glad to hear that he is not foregoing his cookies entirely, just slimming down a little. But I doubt that this Monster's new diet will affect the obesity rate.

Smucker's wants to patent the good old PB&J.

No comments: