Monday, July 25, 2005

Ice cream weather

You know when you are outside on a hot summer day eating a nice big ice cream cone and you can't eat it before it all melts onto your hand but you don't really care and lick it off but then for the rest of the day your hand is ice-cream-sticky? That ice-cream-sticky is how you feel when you go outside. It's hot, delicious, buggy, humid summertime. I sort of forgot what non-sticky summer feels like until yesterday when the weather was hot and sunny and perfect, just like LA, and I got a little nostalgic for California and everything associated: sushi, beach, boba, non-sticky sunshine, flip-flops...because even though people wear flip flops everywhere, and didn't even originate in the US, I feel they only truly belong in California.

To celebrate a weekend of non-stickiness, I went to Habana Village with Lisa and Maddy and salsa-ed until the wee hours. And we ate a fancy dinner at their pad on Saturday: Salmon and wilted spinach and cucumbers...homemade hummus...Indian hors d'oeurve things...and I brought a crab-mango-cucumber appetizer. A little white wine, and some peach crumble and cheesecake (both!) to finish it off. From now on I will only associate with people who cook as well as this.

In unrelated news, I love the title of this article. "Don't you do it! Don't y
ou do it! I'll, why, I'll...I'll have surgery on you! HA!"

No comments: