Friday, February 03, 2006

Plug and other things

Bare Minerals. This is the greatest makeup ever. No, seriously. I've been trying to find good makeup for years--it is always the wrong color, too oily, too cakey, too heavy, not heavy enough, too expensive, too smelly...But THIS. This, my friends, is the Cosmetic Holy Grail. This makes your skin look even without looking cakey. This goes on as a powder and looks like *gasp* real skin instead of wax. This, you can use as much or as little as you want. This doesn't clog your pores. This doesn't even have a smell. This is a $25 miracle. (OK, more, if you buy the bare escentuals brushes , which you should do. STILL.) And it really is so pure you can sleep in it.

---

So I got a new office. It's my Own Office right now. It's kind of naked and lonely, but I will Decorate. There are five extra chairs in it and two extra desks--I think maybe if I move the chairs around, throw some papers on there and maybe leave a few dirty coffee cups on the desk, people will assume that someone works there and they won't give it to someone else. Then I wouldn't have to share...

---

We help a Pride and Prejuedice Valentine's Day Tea Party yesterday. It's an idea I lovingly stole from Sara. It turned out very well, and we had snow, too, which made it all cozy and tea-ish. Complete with scones, whipped cream, fruit salad, little popover thingies, cookies, and an assortment of tea AND made all the better by the use of my *shiny new* tea kettle. Mr. Darcy's DVD didn't cooperate, so we had to watch Sense and Sensibility instead, but the Misses Dashwood were charming and everyone loves Mr. Edward Farris, so it was an excellent tea party.

I am in the market for a decent scone recipe, by the way.

No comments: