Monday, March 27, 2006

Calamity and Consolation

I have this great hairdresser. She can read my mind. She makes my hair look fantastic. She's adorable, funky, sweet, and has art coming out of her tattooed pores. I can't stop raving about her. I actually do carry her card with me and give it out often. People stop me on the street and say how great my hair looks, and I haven't even DONE anything to it! It's all her! She's a genius!


She's moving to California this week.

I'm devastated! HOW WILL I LIVE WITHOUT HER? DOES SHE KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING TO ME? DOES SHE KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ME TO TRUST ANOTHER HAIRDRESSER?

California will be great for her. DC is uptight, conservative, and boring, at least as far as hair and makeup goes. She will thrive in LA! Her name will be in lights! I really think it's a great move, and she'll love it there. But I will be wallowing in hair misery.

To console myself, I went to Nordstrom and bought shoes. This only partly makes up for a scary, uncertain hairdo future. But look how cute they are! At least I can be well-heeled if not well-coiffed.

No comments: