Friday, April 14, 2006

What made my week

Before I went to Istanbul, I went dancing almost every night because I knew I wouldn't be able to go for another two weeks, as a business meeting in Istanbul does not usually include salsa music. (Actually, I go almost every night even if I'm not planning a trip to Istanbul, but never mind that.) I met a nice guy, and we talked a bit, and toward the end of the evening, they played my *favorite salsa song ever ever ever* and so I said, "OOOOOH this is my favorite song EVER ever ever! But I don't even know the name!" And he told me the name, but it is Spanish, and I forgot it.

So then I went to Istanbul, and I came back two weeks later, and I went last night to the place I ALWAYS go on Thursday nights and there he was and, my friends, guess what he had done? He had burned me a CD of my favorite salsa song ever ever ever AND other songs he thought I would like. He had even labelled the CD with the titles and artists! And the CD case!

How sweet IS that?

On a related note, I've decided to learn Spanish because I am tired of shouting over the Latin music, "WHAT? I DONT SPEAK SPANISH. WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

No comments: