Friday, April 14, 2006

How it went in Istanbul

It went great!

Except when the man at the restaurant made us stand up and sing "Rollin' on the River," the words to which I do not know. That was kind of really obnoxious.





And although we are capable people who are relatviely experiened with putting on conferences, we owe our hides to this wonderful Turk, Alp. Three cheers for Alp! Without him--disaster.




Everyone showed up, my new shoes did not fail me, only one person had serious airplane troubles, which worked out in the end, there was fruitful discussion, the meals were reliable, no one got sick, the weather was beautiful, my mom gets along swimmingly with Fares, as you can see.


AND we had ample opportunity to enjoy delicious lamb kebab. Here, look, Mohammed and I in Sultanahmet eating kebab! Mmm, kebab.



So, all in all, an excellent trip. More pictures!

No comments: