Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Edible Gifts and Other Birthday Remarks

This is a post entirely dedicated to birthday presents; specifically, the ones I got. Behold!



Now, really, these people must love me. You will notice the tempting Tapas cookbook from my parents. The simultaneously practical and fun French press coffee maker from Lisa. The decadent Godiva Chocolate Truffles from Martin. Yes, they all have to do with food. Could anything be better? No, I tell you. No. Just look!



Thirty-two of them! And even the box and lining is decadent, silky, shiny, and thick. Like fancy lingerie or plush curtains or thick incense:



And the coffee pot! The coffee pot! Because I have been confined to tea at home, albeit good yerba mate ciocollata tea, and Lisa is completely in tune with the important things in life, and in the top five is Good Coffee. And now I can make good coffee, eat a truffle, and plan which tapas to make for dinner.

Does it get better? I think not.

Oh wait, it does! The ever-thoughtful, ever-graceful Anne sends me a Japanese purse in my favorite color:



But those who didn't give me anything so decadent and/or photogenic have given me something better: friendship. Friday night I was surrounded by Vicky, Anthony, Carolina, Fatema, Chaim, Lisa, Rodolfo, Martin, JD...and I got e-mails from gobs of others. There is nothing like feeling that you are remembered fondly. My friends have made my life rich. Even richer than those truffles.

No comments: