Monday, January 10, 2005

"...What exactly do you do?"

What exactly I do is: research current events in the Middle East, give my research to my boss, who gives it to her boss (who is actually everyone's boss) to do Important Things with. Like hold conferences. And publish articles. I'm really an intern, an unpaid one, but I love this work, and it's never boring because I'm researching what I'm really interested in. Plus, I get to write short articles about interesting things, like the afore-mentioned Middle East Superheroes.

Required reading for those of you who don't want to give up your Dior while working for world peace. Or for aspiring Miss Americas.

I have often wondered this.

A perk of working in downtown DC: We get MLK, Jr. Day off (Monday) AND the day of the Inauguration off (Thursday)! Another perk: Restaurant Week, where any three course dinner in one of DC's best restaurants is 30 dollars. Anyone who knows me know how I love food: this is understandably Very Exciting, so expect a post about Food next week sometime. (Do any of you ex-DCers have recommendatios for expensive restaurants?)

No comments: